Tuesday, March 15, 2011

of Honor and Fear



Malachi 1:6
  "A son honors his father, and a servant his master.  But if I am a father, where is My honor? And if I am a master, where is your fear of Me?......."

The Lord has loved me, yet I have repaid His kindness with disobedience.  I have failed to give Him honor. I have not feared Him as I should.  I have given, not of my best, but of what remains. I refused to sacrifice that which He has called me to sacrifice, yet I expected His favor and blessing.  I have profaned His name; I have forgotten His holiness. I have desired Him to be proud and thankful of the little I have given- satisfied with the little of my time, content with a portion of my effort.

Forgive me, O Mighty God! Have mercy on me! I am a wretched sinner!  Wrap me in Your mercy! Clothe me in Your grace! Write Your Word on my heart and help me to live a life acceptable to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment