Thursday, March 17, 2011

Few There Be That Find {Forgiveness}

Luke 13:22-30

22And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem.  23Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,  24Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.  25When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:  26Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Does fear strike your heart when you read this?  It does mine.  Few. There will be few that enter in that straight and narrow gate. 

Read it closely. Christ says to strive to enter in at the strait gait.  Strive, friends!  Search for it. Plead for God to reveal it to you. Do not ever stop striving! Unfortunately, we have a bunch of preachers telling people there is no need to strive.  All we need to do is pray a prayer, walk the aisle, or stand up with the minister asks us if we want to give our lives to God.  Or, maybe all we need to do is live good lives or follow a list of rules.  Or, maybe all we need to do is acknowledge that Jesus existed- that He came.


It is not enough!  Strive! Strive! Strive!

Strive to find Christ. Search for Him. Search for what it means to be His disciple. Beg for Christ to reveal Himself to you! I have listened to pastors preach that discipleship is not required of the saved, but that is a lie! Look for Him and do not stop until you have found Him.  And, once you have found Him, strive to love and serve Him with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.

Good religion is not the narrow way.  Christ is the way. Christ only!  Hell will be full of people with "good religion", full of people who are crying out, "Lord! Lord! Your name was on my lips! I went to church! I was a good person! I read my bible! I went to bible studies! I taught Sunday School! I told my friends about You!" and yet Jesus will say, "I do not know you!"

And then, this is where my heart begins to ache-

           Many will hear, "Depart from me!" and they will be thrust out!  THRUST OUT!  They will see the beauty of the Kingdom of God, but will not be able to take joy in it! They will be THRUST OUT!

How many believe they are going to heaven, but are not?
How many have put their faith in Christ, but not really?
How many are anticipating heaven, but will never be able to enjoy it?

Will you find yourself on the outside, looking in? Will the door be shut in your face? Will you be thrust out? Are your really Christ's? Do you belong to Him?

Come! You weary! Come! Those filthy with the most disgusting sin, come! Come!

Give this video a watch.  Tim Conway expands on this subject and explains that there will be few that find forgiveness.

1 comment: