Monday, April 4, 2011

Help me Love as You Love!

El Shaddai- my sovereign, compassionate, merciful God- help me love as You love. I don't want to be a "sounding brass or tinkling cymbal". Help me be patient- longsuffering towards the souls of those whom You created- just as You were patient and longsuffering when I was blind and bound to my sin, even as You remain so with me now.

I don't want to be prideful in my salvation- it is not from my own works, but a gift of mercy and grace through the blood of Christ that saved a wretch like me. (For I, too, once was lost, but now am found. Was blind, but now I see!)

Help me to leave my anger and frustrations at Your feet. I want to stay under Your wing, clothed in Your righteousness... but so often I wander. Pull me back, Lord. Do not let my feet leave your path. Do not allow my lips to speak words that would hinder Your work. May Your word fill my life so abundantly that, when I open my mouth, only Your word can flow out.

Strengthen me in this battle, and help me to walk in the Spirit so that my flesh cannot be provoked. I battle against my flesh constantly, trying to keep my pride and anger from ruling my life.  When I am prodded and poked and the sparks begin to fly, stomp them out, Lord so that they do not becoming a raging fire destroying everything in its path. Help me to forgive and forgive and forgive as You continue to forgive me!

Oh, Lord, help me be loving!  I know not how to love! Show me how!  I battle with my own evilness! How can I pray for anyone else when I must continually fall on my face because of my own vile thoughts? I feel like giving up. Don't let me, my Adonai!

Strengthen me! Help me to endure! I place my hope in Your promises. You will not fail me, I know. I cannot trust in man, but I can trust in You.

Though it be painful, I long to undergo the precise surgery by the Sword of the Spirit. Cut away those things that keep me from being loving! All of You, Lord! Less of me! Let me just be the empty vessel You fill! Empty me of myself!

Lord, I fail and fall and falter. And Satan shoves it in my face repeatedly. "Look at what you've done!" Oh, God, save me from myself! Love interceded for me, help me to intercede for others until the day I die.

I love you, I love you, I love you....
You whisper to me.  May my life whisper of Your love to others.



Sermon: Love is the Key to the Gifts of the Spirit





~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment