God has been revealing some amazing things to me lately... but only in bits and pieces. I knew God was going to do some wonderful things in the month of May, and He has by answering many of our prayers and showing us some things we needed to be doing.
God has really put this desire within me to be more generous. Last month, I prayed that God would help us be more generous, and I also asked that, as we became more and more giving, He would give us more to be generous with.
We have been begging God to plant us with like-minded Christians who are passionate about "being" the church rather than just going to church. Over the last couple weeks, we have made many friends who truly know what it means to be the hands and feet of Jesus. We've been meeting up with these folks over food and fellowship, and have really enjoyed the time praising God and going through the bible together. I've also been praying that God would help us build some solid Christian friendships with people who are in the same season of life as we are, as I often feel very alone and could use encouragement, prayer, and study time with people who are "in the midst" of it as well. It has been awesome to see God answer most of these prayers all at once!
Every now and then, someone asks how they can pray for us, and I'm about to tell you:
- Pray that God will show us where to direct our time, energy, and finances in order to bring glory to His Name and show Christ's love to those in need. There are many causes and foundations and families out there that claim to need assistance, but we want to know where God would have us focus.
- Pray that God will help us be unselfish, even to the point of gladly and willingly sacrificing those things we think are "musts" in our lives. I have come to realize that were are incredibly wealthy, even though not according to American standards. However, considering that over half of the world's population lives on $2 a day or less, maybe Americans should begin to consider Matthew 19:24. (... It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.) We are the rich men, my fellow Americans.
- Pray that God will help us to share the gospel with our neighbors. We are building relationships with our neighbors and have had some wonderful spiritual talks with many of them, but it sometimes feels like a slow process. Pray that God will open their hearts and minds to His Word so they can joyfully receive it.
- Our lease it about up, and we think we're staying put for another year, but please, pray that God would make it clear if He desires that we move.
- We ask that you pray for our friends, the Moniers, who are in the process of adopting a beautiful little boy from Ukraine. Check out their blog, and, if you can, make a donation.
- Also, pray for my husband who has been quite weary. His work schedule has been packed, and we're hoping he'll have some time off soon. His body is on the verge of complete exhaustion. If he hits that point, well.. let's just pray he doesn't.
- Pray for my brother as well who works for the same company. Traveling mercies for their upcoming vacation, and wisdom and direction for the future as my sweet SIL is about to become a stay-at-home-mama! (Praise!)