Friday, June 3, 2011

Feeding on the Word- not someone else's interpretation

Are you feeding on the Word, or are you feeding off someone else's "word"?

This video really hit home with me because I grew up feeding off someone else's "interpretation" of the bible. I read the bible, but I always read it through this filter I was given.

I remember that day my husband and I knelt down and cried out to God, "Show us your Truth! Take away this filter and fill us with Your wisdom and understanding as we read it with fresh, open eyes."

That was life-changing moment.  God opened up the Scriptures to us in such an awesome way. Have you ever read the bible with a clear mind, without any preconceived notions and ideas?  Too many people twist and bend the bible to fit their own forms of religion.

I love what one poster said in the comments of this video: "If truth is really truth, then it will stand up to the hardest questions. I wouldn't feel comfortable at a church that was afraid of questions."

No comments:

Post a Comment